There are a couple of things I know for sure. Teenagers never stop eating and when they are hungry, they want something fast. Patience is not a characteristic of teens in this day and age, so having two, as I do, can be challenging.
Having my two plus their friends? Yeah, I’m babbling in the corner, rocking back and forth twirling my hair around my fingers. For the most part, I do have to say my kids are pretty self-sufficient in the kitchen, But there are those times I like to keep control of my kitchen when the house is full of hungry teens. Enter this simple pizza.
With just a few ingredients, plus the help of one that is ready-made this pizza is done in a snap!
It would be really nice if all things in life could be this easy and quick, but reality-smack-you-in-the-forehead…it isn’t. Eh, it builds character, and with this pizza, it’s doesn’t really matter does it? The hungry teens are being fed, you have your kitchen intact and most importantly, you aren’t in a straight jacket.
You might just want to make two of these…you never know.
- 1 tube reduced fat crescent rolls
- 2 Tbs. garlic olive oil (or olive oil and ¼ tsp. garlic powder)
- 2½ Tbs. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2½ Tbs. Asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 - 1½ Tbs. basil pesto
- 1 slice proscuitto, sliced in strips cross-wise (a little over ¼ inch wide)
- Pepper and Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil. Roll crescent rolls out being careful to not separate them. You want them to stay together to form a large rectangle. Pinch the perforations together if they come apart.
- Brush dough with garlic olive oil paying attention to the edges. Sprinkle cheeses evenly all over the top. Lay the sliced tomatoes, one slightly on top of the other in two rows running the length of the pizza.
- Place a dollop of pesto on top of each tomato slice. Take the proscuitto strips, twisting once and then lay on top of the tomatoes. Place them so that where one strip ends, another begins. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top and place in oven for 11 - 13 minutes or until cheeses are melted and edges are golden brown.
- At this point, you can break the pizza up in 4 sections, or all 8 sections of the crescent rolls.