When I’m asked to bring a dish to a potluck or a party, I like to bring something fresh (read: not chips and dip), something unique and packed full of flavor. Tomorrow, I have a potluck of sorts to attend and the requirement of the dish to bring is that it should be healthy. When I found this dish at ProudItalianCook I knew I had the recipe I was looking for.
In this recipe there are just 5 ingredients with 2 of them being fruit! I basically stayed true to the recipe, but since it is not summer I used canned apricots. I rinsed them and patted them dry before using them for this recipe. Blackberries are the other fruit and the combination of the two is just wonderful.
Doesn’t that just look amazing? Of course, I had to try these little guys before bringing them to the potluck – quality control of course. Uh, I couldn’t stop popping these things in my mouth! They are absolutely fantastic. I can’t wait to try them in the summer with fresh apricots!
I offered these to my kids to try – they are 19 mind you. They thought this combo was just weird and neither really like apricots. My son absolutely refused but my daughter only would try it if the blackberry wasn’t included. Who’s daughter is she not liking apricots or blackberries??? Let’s just say she was a trooper for trying it but the apricot did her in. Eh….
If you can fill the hollow areas, top it and pop it under the broiler, then you can make these Broiler Apricot Delights. They are quite simple and even easier to pop in your mouth. Impress your company or your potluck crowd with this recipe that will explode with flavor in your mouth. Seriously.
I was lucky enough to have the willpower to take some photos of them before gobbling these all up! Delicious!
- 20 Apricot halves
- 2½ Tbs. Mascarpone cheese
- 20 blackberries
- agave nectar to drizzle
- pistachios to crush and sprinkle on top
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Stuff apricot halves with a small amount of mascarpone cheese (anywhere from ½ tsp to 1 tsp depending on size of apricot half.
- Top each with one whole blackberry.
- Drizzle each Delight with a small amount of agave nectar.
- Place under broiler until edges of apricots and cheese begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, sprinkle with pistachio pieces.